Strengths Coach Murray Guest and I provide an in-depth look at the Strength of Individualization in this episode. We covered so much great ground that we kept the meat of the conversation here for you. The episode may be longer than usual, but it’s worth every second. Enjoy!
About Murray Guest
Murray Guest is a Gallup Certified Strengths Coach based in Newcastle, Australia. He has more than 15 years’ experience leading cultural change in large organizations. He specializes in partnering with business leaders to rediscover their passion, inject new energy into their organizations, and build inspired team cultures that drive business performance.
Murray is passionate about Strengths in all areas of his life, as a parent, coach and facilitator and thrives on helping people be the best they can be, helping them learn, grow and be in a state of flow. He provides one-on-one coaching, leadership and team workshops and runs the Vitality Retreat for Entrepreneurs in Bali.
Murray’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
- Responsibility typically likes rules. Individualization likes to individualization treatment for each person. From Murray’s viewpoint, however, structure enables flexibility.
- Embrace your Strengths to the best version of you every day.
- Individualization really sees the value behind each person’s uniqueness.
- Those with Individualization need an opportunity to have a customized approach with each person and to provide expectations for each person.
- Unlock all 34 Strengths to see your full blueprint. All 34 of your Strengths are available to you, and all 34 can be your weaknesses.
- There are so many different ways for you to shine in your Strengths. If you aren’t sure of how to tap into them, there are Strengths coaches available to help you.
Listen in now!
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [4:46] – Murray’s summary of how his top 5 show up
- [8:44] – Murray’s definition of Individualization
It is about people who are intrigued with the unique qualities of each individual. They see the potential in everyone.
- [9:50] – A story of management and training from Murray
- [11:26] – The relationship between Individualization and Consistency
- [12:40] – Murray’s interaction with people with high Consistency
To quote the Black Eyed Peas, “Meet me halfway.” See the benefits of each approach and understand the different perspectives.
- [16:01] – How structure enables flexibility
- [20:15] – Individualization’s contributions
- [23:02] – Pairing up Individualization and Futuristic
I frequently see visions of a better life for someone I know and I customize that vision for them. A customized vision is a relevant vision.
- [25:10] – How to tap into all 34 of your Strengths
It is a process of learning and discovery. It is about embracing your top 5 and accepting all 34.
- [29:02] – Comparing Individualization and Includer
Individualization says, “I want to know the unique you.” Includer says, “I want to ensure you get the chance to speak up and be involved.”
- [31:23] – Accessing all 34 Strengths
We see the world through the lenses of our Strengths. But we can take off one set of lenses in exchange for another to access those Strengths that are a bit lower on our list.
I’m a big believer in conversations. When you finish a conversation, do you leave that person feeling inspired or tired? Strengths give us the opportunity to have conversations in an inspired way.